Sunday, 21 January 2007

Trip to London

I haven't updated in a week. Yes, i know i had my extended holidays, but i was in London. The weather in London was MUCH better than it was is up here in Wakefield. Its less windier, but just as cloudy. I hate current weather in UK. It is very very very very depressing... in London.. people have been killed due to the storms, tube lines have been delayed or even suspended, rail lines have been delayed... so transportation was a big issue for me. So... until friday, i did not stir out. However, i could not take it any more on friday, so i met up with Sakhee, Manu and Nisarg. Met sakhee at Old Street. Now, she did tell me that she will wait for me on the platform, so i don'g get lost! So i waited for approximately half an hour, praying and hoping to god that she would turn up. Sadly, unlike the MTR, we do not get signals for mobiles in the underground. So, since i had a Day Travelcard, I decided to go out and make a call. So, I went out and called her. My beloved friend had decided to ditch me and remain in her room. So, I immediately ordered her to come and pick me up. She did. Then, we had a chinese take-away.. sitting on the street.. was an interesting experience. If you are seen doing that in India, either you will get highly contaminated, and/or you would be considered a beggar by fellow passers-by and would be given atleast a ruppee by them! Anyway. Then, myself and Sakhee went to, or atleast tried to go to the Indian Embassy to meet Nisarg and Manu. Obviously Sakhee's geography is terrible so we didnt know how to go there. So, we got the guys to come meet us where we were. When they finally came, we just hung around randomly, talked for a while and then we split up at around 5:45pm. Sakhee dropped me off at Old Street tube station. I then had my long journey back to croydon... London Victoria to Croydon. I hate all these long trips late in the evening (well, to be fair, it gets very very dark out here very early!)Then, as I left the East Croydon Station, I thought I'd call up Niraj, a friend from Jain International School, since he finishes work at around 7pm. I had reached the station at around 7:15. So I called him and we met up near the station for a short while and then we went our own ways. It was nice meeting him after a long time! Anyway, and then, comes my Mobile Saga. Thursday night, I was setting my alarm and accidentally switched my mobile off. I switched it back on and it asked for my password. I forgot my password as I never switch the phone off. So I tried several combinations, after which my sim card got rejected. So, on friday before I met up with the guys, I went to Mobile World and they said that the person who bought the card had to be present. It was in my father's name, so I had no choice but to buy a new card. My phone should have been activated by 1pm, but did not get activated till 2:30pm. This was quite pissing off, as I was to be meeting Sakhee then, and did not have any way of communicating. But Thankfully, my phone got activated by the time i reached London Victoria from East Croydon. Basically, I was able to meet up with the guys and have fun. I feel that since i have been having a mobile phone for years, If i didnt have one that worked, it would make me literally handicapped. I just cannot survive without a mobile that works! I feel really unsafe (especially in a place like the UK where it gets dark at very early hours). Atleast at home, I have the car and so without the mobile I COULD survive... but here I find it impossible. Anyway. Now I must lay on thee bed and shut my eyes to rest for it is 2:40am!.. so goodnight!

No comments: